Haven’t you always wanted to have guests come over and see their jaws drop at your sense of interior design?
You can do this by redefining your home decor styles.
If you’re interested, you need to follow these interior design trends to make your home into the place you always dreamed of.
9. Natural Elements
Have you always been captivated by the great outdoors? Natural elements give you the chance to infuse your home with beautiful greens, light, and natural life.
This is an interior design trend that will stun your house guests, all you need to do is introduce some of these techniques:
- Wood furniture and finishes. This gives your home craftsman energy. By adding wood chairs, highly-furnished tables, and stands, you can stand out.
- Natural elements include greenery. Find boxed plants and desert flowers and line your windows. This brightens evenly brightens living spaces.
- Try adding larger windows to bring in natural light. This technique brings out ambient whites and yellows to your home.
- You can personalize your spaces based on your favorite outdoor themes. What are your favorite colors that exist in nature? Add those to curtains and table cloths to bring in extra visual appeal.
8. Modern Vintage Lighting
Everyone loves a blast to the past. Modern Vintage Lighting gives your home a comforting and old-school aesthetic that also enhanced muter colors.
Here are some of the ways to bring vintage lighting into your home:
- This stylish lighting focal point can be introduced using French or Italian lights.
- Get rid of your exposed light bulbs and use covered bulbs instead.
- Try looking for “restoration” style lighting outlets. Especially look for hanging lights for a more vintage look.
7. The Black and White Look
Contrast is a stable of visual design. When you bring in opposing colors like black and white to your home it gives you more free range to work with in between.
Here are some ways to do this:
- Buy black leather furniture and add soft white pillows.
- Compliment your black sleepwear with white comforters.
- Try black-out curtains for functionality along with style.
- Attempt restoring your kitchen with white top ware and black grooves.
6. Copper and Brass
Copper and brass are two elements that make your fixtures accent other mute or straightforward color schemes.
When you’re thinking about adding copper or brass be sure to work those tones into areas where people are going to see them. Examples include:
- Shower rings
- Sink fixtures
- Fine perimeters around home appliances
- Plates and bowls
- Outdoor chairs and dining tables
5. Wide Open Floor Plans
When you make an open floor plan it emulates the natural worlds free visual qualities. It also gives you plenty of space to add in a focal point.
Don’t let your living spaces be cluttered. When using an open floor plan try targeting areas where your guests are trying to relax. You can also learn more here about ways to influence the relaxation of others through interior design.
Here are some ways to do this:
- Push your furniture closer to walls and out from the center space.
- Accent your room center with flowers to show your open design and sense of style.
- Make your kitchen and living room one flowing path with wide walls. This makes it easier to pass between spaces and far better for the eye.
- Try making your open area minimal except for key pieces you want to show off. This will make your style come off a lot more.
The minimalist movement has been booming.
This is ever popular with younger generations but it isn’t restricted to age or taste, minimalist interior design can save you money, space, and point towards the things you most want guests to see.
Here are tips for minimalist design:
- Make DIY organization tools. Take your extra clothes and condense them into storage containers and chests.
- Combine your coffee table into a storage box for tv remotes
- Think about what you need in an area, and remove the rest
- Use minimalism to draw attention to rooms with a lot of colors
This is the complete opposite of minimalism and is a rising design trend.
Maximalism means combining as many elements of style and design as you can.
The trend encourages eclectic features as foreign carpets and exotic furniture.
Maximalism is in homage to natures sense of pattern and bravado.
Do it this way:
- Find multiple textures and carpets of a different design
- Bring in many types of flowers and multiple plant patterns
- Combine natural and modern lighting
2. Comforting Earth Tones
Earth tones are usually mute and dark. Think greys, beiges, and black. These colors simulate the world outside and can relax you and the guests.
To do this, first, think about how to create an overall pattern of earth tones.
You can do this by:
- Bringing in monotones like grey into footstool furniture and carpets.
- Try accenting your open lighting with grey curtains or a nearby darker beige chest.
- Monochrome wallpaper.
1. Bring On Water Or Fire
Water and fire are two key elements from nature that you can easily add to your home. Ways of doing this are simple:
- Keep your fireplace going. You can even add kerosine lamps in place of hanging lights.
- Fire tones, like dark reds and burnt oranges.
For water themes:
- You can bring in light or dark blues and repaint the areas of your home that use the most water.
- Try adding stone patterns to your bathroom to simulate stones at the bottoms of lakes and creeks.
- Balance the warm tones of your living space and light sources with small fountain fixtures.
Make Your Dreams Come True Through Beautiful Home Decor Styles
Don’t you want to live in the home of your dreams?
Now you can.
If you apply these home decor styles to your living space, your house will turn around in no time.
So go for it, expand your horizons and learn more about how to make your living space beautiful!
For more information check out View From A Blue Moon for tips, tricks, and proven methods to upgrade your style.
Leave a Reply