Gone are the days when mens socks were all about only those typical white tube socks and plain black dress socks. Now, they have shifted in a big way. With beautiful colors, attractive patterns, and novelty repeats, mens socks are no more an underrated element when it comes to men’s clothing. Modern men love to get started from their feet and dress their way up!
So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to kick your feet up if you have not done so yet. This blog will discuss everything about mens socks that will be useful for gentlemen like you to choose the best pair of socks always.
How Many Types of Mens Socks Are There?
Well, there are different types of socks available for men. You might have known only two classes; casual and formal. But hey buddy, there are some more of them which you must know. It will help you choose the right pair of socks for the right occasion.
Below are some more useful varieties of socks, except the casual and formal ones:
- Sports Performance Men’s Socks
This is a specialized variety of socks that men can wear to boost their physical performance while doing any athletic activity. The sports performance men’s socks come in different types.
For example, simple and subtle athletic cotton tube socks, deep-cut sports socks for running, special socks for skiing are to name a few. These socks are exclusively meant to wick the moisture content and trap the heat inside. In extreme conditions, wearing such a sock can help a snow sportsman avoid hypothermia.
- Dress Socks for Men
These are the socks that a man should wear with a formal suit or casual clothing. They are available in a myriad of materials; most of them come in darker colors like black, bottle green, brown, burgundy, charcoal grey, etc. However, you can find some lighter shades of mens socks, which work amazingly with your light-coloured clothes.
Moreover, dress socks for men are mostly available in the traditional classic argyle style when it comes to patterns. Nowadays, different appealing colors and shades of mens socks are getting popular, and you can easily find them in men’s specialty online stores and brick and mortar stores.
- Protective Socks
Protective socks for men usually have heavier weaves and thicker proportions of insulating fibers. Because of this reason, men have to compromise on protective socks’ fit sometimes, but the protection that they get during extreme cold is great!
Which Materials Should You Prefer for Mens Socks?
The base material your socks are made of has a remarkable impact on how it performs. Look for socks made of either cotton, wool, cashmere, or synthetics.
Why These Materials?
- Cotton is a very good absorbing material that plays a significant role in soaking off sweat from your skin.
- Wool is an excellent breathing material that lets your feet’ wetness evaporate easily and offers a lot of warmth during colder seasons.
- The different synthetic forms like acrylic, olefin, polyester, and polyethylene encourage uniform wicking. So, it makes them a great material for mens socks.
- Cashmere is very soft on your feet because it is a luxury material. They keep your feet extremely comfortable.
All the above socks materials are great. It depends on you which one you would like to have for yourself; depending on your requirement.
A Perfect Mens Socks Wearing Guide
After discussing the different types of mens socks and sock materials, it will now be easy for you to decide the best one for yourself. Right? Now let’s understand how you can wear it perfectly. Well, you need to remember the below facts:
- Your socks must be identical on both feet. They shouldn’t have any holes or visible stains on them. We, sometimes, assume to keep our shoes on all the time and prevent our torn and mismatched socks from being visible. But an embarrassing situation of removing our boots unexpectedly can arise anytime. So, we should remain cautious.
- You should wear matching socks to your trousers. It will create a streamlined look for you without any absurd color contrast until people’s eyes meet your shoes.
- A flash of white hairy skin when a man is wearing a dark suit can look very bad. So, it’s advised not to expose your bare leg on any formal occasion when you have a pair of socks on. Hence, you should go for knee-length socks rather than ankle-length in business meetings, seminars, or any event of that sort.
The Bottom Line
Do you want to buy mens socks? This blog will guide you to purchase and wear it like a pro!
Always wear the best socks matching your attire, and it will surely help you complete your look.